Terms and Conditions
- Terms of Sale
1.1 All Goods are sold on these Terms of Sale to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions of business, including any that the Purchaser may send to the Supplier or require the Supplier to accept through a purchase order process, and all terms and conditions otherwise implied by law, custom or previous course of dealing to the maximum extent permitted by law.
1.2 The individual placing an order on behalf of the Purchaser represents and warrants that he/she has the authority to bind the Purchaser.
1.3 We reserve the right to update these Terms of Sale from time to time at our discretion. If we do so, the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible in respect of any subsequent order you may place. We recommend that you review these Terms of Sale before every purchase of Goods that you make.
1.4 You may order Goods as a Consumer or as a Trader. Different provisions govern your order depending on whether you are a Consumer or a Trader.
In these Terms of Sale, the following words have the following meanings:
2.1 Consumer: an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession;
2.2 Goods: the goods that are the subject of your order;
2.3 IP Rights: patents, copyright, database rights, registered and unregistered design rights, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights that may exist anywhere in the world;
2.5 Price: the price for the Goods;
2.6 Purchaser/you: the purchaser of the Goods;
2.7 Site: the website operated by the Supplier;
2.8 Supplier/we: Pax Romana Limited, a company registered in England with registered number 09882592 and with a registered office at 10-12 Mulberry Green, Old Harlow, Essex CM17 0ET;
2.9 Trader: a person acting for purposes relating to that person’s trade, business, craft or profession, whether acting personally or through another person acting in the trader’s name or on the trader’s behalf; and
2.10 Working Days: any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England and Wales.
3.1 All Goods are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the Goods ordered are not available and we may offer an alternative Good of equal or higher quality and value or provide a refund for sums paid.
3.2 You may only purchase Goods from us if you are at least 18 years old ]. At our request, you shall provide documentary evidence of your age.
3.3 We take reasonable care to make sure that descriptions of the Goods are correct at all times. If we become aware of any error in a description of any Goods that you have ordered, we shall notify you as soon as practicable.
3.4 All Goods are sold with a certificate of authenticity with details of the individual who examined the Good in questions. However, you agree and accept that our description of Goods, including details of the age, value, ownership, history, use and condition of the Goods, and the certificate of authenticity, reflect our opinion only and we cannot therefore warrant any information provided to you in relation to the Goods.
3.5 We may describe the Goods using the following descriptions, and you agree that such descriptions have the meanings given to them here: Restored: the Good may have been repaired or otherwise reinstated and some parts may have been replaced; Fair Condition: the Goods may be fragmentary or have some obvious damaged;
Fine Condition: the Good is likely to be generally complete but may have minor damage or evidence of restoration or repair;
Very Fine Condition: the Good usually complete and in good condition, but may have some minor damage, restoration or repair. The provisions of Conditions 5.6 or 6 as the case may be do not apply if the condition of the Goods reflect the descriptions as defined in this Condition 3.5.
- Price, Delivery
4.1 You must make sure that all information you provide to us, including email and delivery address is accurate. We will not refund you or deliver replacement Goods if we have delivered the Goods to the address you provided to us – even if you have not given us your correct address.
4.2 Unless we otherwise agree, we must receive payment of the whole of the Price for the Goods, in pounds sterling, including the delivery cost before your order can be processed. We accept payment by cash (GBP, EUR, USD), PayPal, credit or debit card. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm receipt of your order by sending an email to you at the email address you provide to us.
4.3 The Price payable for Goods and the costs of delivery are set out on the Site or as otherwise notified to you. We reserve the right to change the Price and costs of delivery at any time, although such changes shall not apply to any order received by us.
4.4 We will use all reasonable endeavours to deliver the Goods in accordance with the delivery timescale you select. If you do not receive the Goods within such timescale, you should notify us accordingly. If we are unable to deliver the Goods within 30 days, we shall contact you to discuss delivery of the Goods and if you wish, we shall cancel your order and refund all sums paid.
4.5 Goods for delivery overseas may be subject to additional charges such as import duties and taxes, which are levied once the products reach the specified destination. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. You are responsible for all export/import licences for overseas delivery, and associated charges and so we recommend that you contact the local customs office for further information as to the requirements and costs to comply with this provision. Please also note that Goods for delivery overseas may be opened and inspected by customs authorities.
- Consumer Purchaser Right to Cancel
- The provisions of Conditions 5.2 to 5.6 apply only to a Consumer.
5.2 You may cancel your contract with us for the Goods ordered through the Site by contacting us by email at email@example.com within 14 days from the date you receive the Goods, clearly stating the following: your name, geographical address, your phone number, email address and full details of the order you wish to cancel.
- If you do cancel your contract, you must take reasonable care of the Goods whilst they are in your possession, including by storing them in accordance with our instructions. You must return the Goods to us within 14 days of the notice to cancel, and you must return the Goods at your own cost and risk. We strongly recommend that you send the Goods back to us via a recorded post service and obtain a certificate of posting. We will not refund you if we do not receive the returned Goods. Please also make sure you package the Goods appropriately to avoid damage.
- We will refund any sums paid for the Goods returned and, if you return the whole (not part) of the order, we will refund the delivery costs you paid up to the price of standard delivery. We will refund you using the same means of payment that you used to purchase the Goods.
- If you do not return all of the Goods that you have cancelled in accordance with our request, or you do not pay the costs of returning them to us, or the Goods are damaged during the course of returning the Goods, we shall be entitled to deduct from the amount to be refunded to you the direct costs of recovering the Goods or to reflect the loss or damage to the Goods.
- The provisions of this Condition 5 do not affect your consumer statutory rights. If the Goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective, please let us know and we will either (a) replace any Goods that are damaged or defective; or (b) refund to you the amount paid by you for the Goods in question. You must return the Goods to us or make the Goods available for collection in accordance with our reasonable request as soon as possible after informing us that the Goods are damaged or have been incorrectly supplied. You should also send us appropriate evidence, including photographs, of any damaged or defective Goods.
- Trader’s Obligation to Inspect
6.1 The provisions of Conditions 6.2 to 6.7 apply only to a Trader.
- You must inspect the Goods on delivery and notify us of any damaged Goods or missing Goods within 5 (five) Working Days from and including the date of delivery. The Goods are deemed to be accepted if no notice is received within such time period.
- We reserve the right to inspect the Goods, or require you to provide appropriate evidence, including photographs, of any damaged Goods, before we accept returned Goods. If we are satisfied that the Goods are damaged, or that there are missing Goods, we shall arrange for a collection or request that you return the Goods to us, and at our discretion, repair, replace or refund the amount paid by you for the Goods in question. From receipt of the Goods until we collect or receive the Goods as the case may be, you shall store the Goods in accordance with our instructions. SUCH REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REFUND SHALL BE DETERMINED BY US AND SHALL BE OUR SOLE LIABILITY IN RELATION TO ANY REJECTED PRODUCTS.
- We will be under no liability or further obligation in relation to damaged Goods if (a) you fail to provide notice as set out above; (b) you make any further use of the Goods following notice to us for example, you continue to offer the Goods for sale; (c) the damage arises from your acts or omissions following delivery.
- Notwithstanding delivery of the Goods, ownership of the Goods shall not pass to you until we have received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due in respect of the Goods.
- Until ownership of the Goods has passed to you, you shall: (a) store the Goods in accordance with our instructions and separately from all other goods and in such a way that they remain readily identifiable as our property; and (b) maintain the Goods in satisfactory condition and keep them insured on our behalf for their full price against all risks to our reasonable satisfaction.
- You grant to us, our agents and employees an irrevocable licence at any time to enter any premises where the Goods are or may be stored (a) in order to inspect them, and, (b) if you have failed to pay all sums due by the due date or if you take steps to enter into liquidation or administration, to recover the Goods.
- Cancellation by us
- We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if (a) we have already sold the Good you have ordered; (b) we do not deliver Goods to your delivery address; (c) we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment; (d) we cannot verify that you are aged 18 or over; and/or (e) one or more of the Goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect Price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
- If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will refund you all sums paid within 30 days of the date of receipt of the order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
- Use of the Site
8.1 You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
8.2 Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and let us know immediately of any changes to the information that you have provided to us.
8.3 The Site is made for your own use. You agree not to try to gain unauthorised access to the Site or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Site and/or reproduce, redistribute, sell, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble all or part of the Site save to the extent expressly permitted by law.
8.4 The copyright in all material contained in the Site including all information, data, text, images and software is owned by or licensed to us. All rights are reserved. We have used reasonable endeavours to prepare the content of the Site, however, any representations, warranties or conditions of any kind in relation to the Site and its content are hereby expressly excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
8.5 The Site may contain links to websites or apps operated by third parties. We do not have any influence or control over any such third party websites or apps and we are not responsible for and do not endorse any third party websites or apps or their availability or content.
8.6 We accept no responsibility for adverts contained within the Site. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises on the Site, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, and not us, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any questions or complaints in relation to them, you should contact the advertiser.
8.7 We will use reasonable endeavours to make the Site available to you at all times. However, there may be occasions when access to the Site may be interrupted, including for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. We reserve the right to remove any Goods, content or features from the Site for any reason.
9.1 Subject to Condition 9.6, you accept and agree that due to the nature of the Goods that we offer for sale: (a) the Goods will be in a condition to reflect their age, provenance and nature and accordingly there may be imperfections and faults which may not be individually listed; and (b) we accept no liability for any reliance that you place on our opinion of the Goods, or in respect of any changes in the antiquities market that may lead to a lower value on a Good at any time. We strongly advise that you arrange a viewing of the Good in personal before you agree to purchase the Good so that you are aware of its condition and therefore accept any imperfections.9.2 If you suspect on receipt that the Good is a forgery (that is, an item made to deceive as to its origin, creation, age or creator), you should contact us promptly. We shall provide to you details of a suitably qualified expert to determine whether the Good is a forgery. If the expert does determine that the Good in question is a forgery, we shall provide to you a refund for the Price paid subject to return of the Goods within 14 days of receipt of the determination that the Good is a forgery.
9.3 We shall have no additional liability to you (in addition to a refund of the Price paid), for any failure to deliver Goods or any delay in doing so that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
9.4 We may from time to time provide to you information about Goods you have purchased or may wish to purchase from us, including where and how to store the Goods, how to authenticate Goods, and how best to describe them on resale. You acknowledge and agree that the information we provide is not advice, and we are not liable for any losses you may suffer as a result of the provision of such information. If you engage a third party we have referred to you, you agree that the third party, and not us, is liable for the services they provide to you. In addition, we do not warrant that our advice will lead to any financial gains for you.
9.5 Our maximum liability for any claim by you whatsoever, including breach of contract and tort including negligence or otherwise, shall be limited to the Price paid for the Goods that are the subject of the claim.
9.6 If you are a Trader, then to the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of goodwill or wasted expenditure, or for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses howsoever arising out of the Goods and/or the Site whether or not advised of the possibility of the same.
9.7ß Nothing in these Terms of Sale is intended to limit any rights or remedies that you might have as a Consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights, for fraud, death or personal injury or other loss that may not be excluded or limited by English law. For further information about your legal rights in the UK, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
10.1 These Terms of Sale (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and us concerning your use of the Site and the sale, delivery and return of Goods.
10.2 If any provision of these Terms of Sale is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
10.3 Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Sale shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
10.4 If you are a Consumer, have any complaint or wish to raise a dispute in relation to the Site please follow this link http://ec.europa.eu/odr
10.6 We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business.
10.7 These Terms of Sale shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Last updated: November 2018